“SUNSUPER DREAMS FOR
A BETTER WORLD” PROMOTION 2017
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Entry/Voting Opening Times
- Entries and voting for each Round opens at 9.00am on the dates specified in the table below and close at 9.00am AEST on the dates specified in the table below. Each Round will have a different theme, and entries submitted for a particular Round must comply with the theme for that Round. Voting for each Round open and close on the dates/times also specified in the table below.
- Relevant dates for 2017 Dreams for a Better World program.
|2017||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|Category/theme||Open Category||Health & People||Sport & Education||Animals & Community|
|Entries open||Wednesday 15 February||Friday 5 May||Friday 14 July||Friday 15 September|
|Entries for the Round close||Friday 24 March||Friday 2 June||Friday 4 August||Friday 6 October|
|Round Shortlist announced||Wednesday 29 March||Wednesday 7 June||Wednesday 9 August||Wednesday 11 October|
|Round Finalists announced||Tuesday 18 April||Tuesday 27 June||Tuesday 29 August||Tuesday 29 October|
|Round Winner announced||Friday 5 May||Friday 14 July||Friday 15 September||Friday 17 November|
Entry/Voting Eligibility Requirements
- Entry and voting is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
To enter, eligible individuals must visit dreamsforabetterworld.com.au follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including choosing which Round they are submitting a dream for (from the drop down list), the name of and an explanation of their Eligible Dream (criteria for which is in clause 5 below), how the grant money would be used if won, confirming the eligible registered charity, community group or not-for-profit they wish to nominate (must nominate a “Grantee”, criteria for which is indicated in clause 5 below) and upload any supporting documents (e.g. images, videos or other documents) demonstrating how the Eligible Dream can make a positive impact on the community. Entries must be received before the close date/time for the relevant Round (as specified in clause 2 above) to be eligible. The maximum total file size of all supporting documents uploaded cannot exceed 10MB and no more than five (5) files may be uploaded. All files uploaded must be in any of the following acceptable file formats: PDF, DOC, JPG, PNG, WMP, MOV.
Entrants may edit their entry submission and add photos, videos and other files to their submission up until the entry close date/time for the relevant Round.
Dream Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible, the dream submitted must meet the following requirements:
- the dream must benefit a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation located in Australia, whose purposes do NOT serve one individual only and where any grant prize provided to the community/charity group/organisation would be spent in Australia for an Australian based cause, unless otherwise advised by the Promoter (“Grantee”);
- the dream must be capable of being undertaken in the next 12 months (from date of entry submission) – and undertaken in the next 12 months from date prize is awarded, if the dream is deemed a winning dream, (“Eligible Dream”)
In addition, to the criteria above, additional criteria apply for entries submitted into each Round Category/Theme, as specified below:
- Open Category: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds benefit the community as a whole.
- Health & People: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to develop cures or advance treatment and/or care for medical issues faced by the wider community.
- Sport & Education: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to benefit sporting or education based causes.
- Animals & Community: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to benefit animal based or general community causes.
Entrants do not have to have an affiliation or connection with a Grantee to nominate that Grantee on entry. As indicated in Clause 9 below, an entrant must be able to participate in a filming session as a condition of their nominated Grantee winning the nominated round and relevant grant.
- Each Grantee/Eligible Dream may only be nominated by one (1) entrant for any given Round; and the entrant may only nominate that Grantee once for any given Round. Once an entrant nominates a Grantee/Eligible Dream, no other person may nominate that same Grantee/Eligible Dream (or a substantially similar Eligible Dream) for the remainder of this promotion. In addition, if an entrant’s nominated Grantee does not win for a certain Round, he/she can nominate a different Eligible Dream for the same Grantee for another Round. If an entrant’s nominated Grantee receives a grant prize, the entrant will not be permitted to enter this ‘Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World’ Promotion again and the Grantee who is deemed a Round Winner, is not permitted to be nominated again or win for any other Round. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements. For the sake of clarity, the same Eligible Dream may be submitted for more than one (1) Round. For example, an entrant may submit a dream twice, once for ‘Round 1’ and again for ‘Round 2’, on the condition they have not won in ‘Round 1’. However, another person may not submit that same dream (or a dream substantially similar), or another dream for the same Grantee for this entire promotion.
- Winning Grantees and entrants in any previous Sunsuper Dreams branded promotion conducted by the Promoter will not be eligible to be nominated or enter into this ‘Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World’ Promotion.
- Each Grantee/ entrant on behalf of the Grantee must be willing and able to participate in Stage 1 (as below).
- All images or videos provided by the entrants during their submission or any phase during the promotion may be used by the Promoter to support the Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World Promotion and to determine the People’s Choice Grant during the Grand Final Round.
- Any photos or video footage taken by the Promoter or affiliate of the Promoter will be owned by the Promoter and the Promoter will have full control over how the photo or video footage is used in relation to the Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World Promotion. It is a condition of entry that entrants comply with the reasonable directions of the Promoter about the use of any photo or video footage taken by the Promoter or its affiliates.
Judging and criteria
- The Promoter will select a panel of judges to determine the shortlist for each Round (the top six (6) entries in each Round), the Round Winners and the Grand Final Round winners.
- The Promoter may decide if a judge can sit on more than one judge’s panel, one or more times during the promotion.
- Up to three (3) panels of judges will be used during the promotion to determine the finalists and relevant winners.
- The “Sunsuper Judging Panel” to select the Round Shortlist.
- The “Expert Judging Panel” to select the Round Winner.
- The “Grand Final Judging Panel” to select the Grand Final Round Winners (places 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th). The Grand Final Judging Panel will have final say on the Grand Final People’s Choice grant in the event of a tie between two or more Round Winners’ votes.
- Does the dream qualify?
- Does the dream represent the round category for which it was entered?
- Does the dream truly benefit the community?
- How the grant(s) will be used and the positive impact it will have?
- Will the dream make the world a better place within the next 12 months?
- Is the dream thought-provoking, interesting, engaging and unique?
- Was the dream shared with the wider community?
Stage 1: The Round Shortlist and voting to determine the Round Finalists
- The entries with the six (6) best Eligible Dreams as determined by the Sunsuper Judging Panel for each Round will be selected as a shortlist of entries for the Round (“Round Shortlist”). The Sunsuper Judging Panel will use Judging Criteria as decided by the Promoter to critique the Eligible Dreams and determine the Round Shortlist.
- The Promoter will contact each entrant whose entry is on the Round Shortlist (“Shortlisted Entrant”) to advise them that their entry is on the Round Shortlist.
- A Shortlisted Entrant must be willing and able to participate in asking people within Australia to vote for their entry to be chosen as a Round Finalist (see Stage 2 below) and receive a $5000 grant.
- The Promoter may provide advice and appropriate resources (determined by the Promoter) to assist the Shortlisted Entrants with generating votes for their entry on the Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World website.
- To vote, an eligible voter must visit dreamsforabetterworld.com.au, select the ‘vote now’ button applicable to the video they wish to vote for to reveal a pop up window, input their email address and complete the voting process by selecting the ‘Vote now’ button, as promoted in the pop up window. Only valid votes received during the applicable Voting Periods indicated in clause 2 above will be considered in determining the Round Finalists (defined below).
- A maximum of one (1) vote is permitted per person and per valid email address for each video entry. For the sake of clarity, a person can submit more than one (1) vote during each Round, however, only one (1) vote per entry on the Round Shortlist.
- The Shortlisted Entrants whose entries receive the top 3 highest number of valid votes during each Round will become the “Round Finalists” for each Round and will each receive a $5000 grant to be paid to their Grantee.
- In the event that two (2) or more entries on a Round Shortlist receive the same number of valid votes such that the top three entries cannot be separated by votes received, then the Sunsuper Judging Panel will judge each tied entry based on the Judging Criteria, and the best tied entry, as determined by the Sunsuper Judging Panel, will be deemed one (1) of three (3) Round Finalists for that particular Round.
- The Promoter may disqualify an entrant if it believes that any one or more of the votes for that entrant’s entry were falsified. In this event the Shortlisted Entrant whose entry received the next highest number of votes will become a Round Finalist.
Stage 2: The Round Finalists and determining the Round Winner
- The Promoter will notify the Round Finalists that they are a Round Finalist for the Round.
- The Sunsuper Dreams Team will provide the Round Finalists’ submission, outlining how their Eligible Dream meets the Judging Criteria to the Expert Judging Panel.
- Using the Judging Criteria, the Expert Judging Panel will assess the document and supporting material provided by the each Round Finalist to determine which Round Finalist has the best Eligible Dream. The Round Finalist with the best Eligible Dream will be chosen as the Round Winner.
- If the judging by the Expert Judging Panel results in a tie between two or more Round Finalists the Promoter will review the Expert Judging Panel’s assessment of the entrants to determine the Round Winner.
- The Round Winner for each Round will receive an additional $5000 grant to be paid to their Grantee and be entered into the Grand Final Round.
- The Round Winners for each Round will be required to participate in a filming session organised by the Promoter whereby they will be required to explain their Eligible Dream. An entrant must be able to participate in this filming session as a condition of their nominated Grantee receiving a grant prize. Filming and editing will take place during the following times for each set of Round Winners. The Promoter will have complete discretion over the editing process and the exact date(s)/time(s)/location(s) where filming will take place. The Promoter will cover all reasonable costs (as determined by the Promoter), associated with travel by Round Winners to and from a filming location.
|Round 1||21 April – 4 May 2017|
|Round 2||30 June - 13 July 2017|
|Round 3||1 September - 14 September 2017|
|Round 4||3 November - 16 November 2017|
- The videos featuring the Round Winners will be uploaded the Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World website and used in advertising to promote the Dreams for a Better World Promotion.
Stage 3: The Grand Final Round and People’s Choice grant
- Each Round Winner will be entered in the Grand Final Round and their Grantee will receive a share in a $70,000 grant.
- All four (4) Round Winners’ Eligible Dreams will be judged by the Grand Final Judging Panel. The Grand Final Judging Panel will judge each of the four (4) Round Winners’ Eligible Dreams and will rank each Round Winner from 1st to 4th place based on the Judging Criteria. The applicable share of the $70,000 for each place is indicated in the table below.
- A representative of each Round Winner will be required to attend the Grand Final Awards Night taking place on a yet to be determined date and location, within 12 months from15 February 2017. All reasonable costs associated with travel to and from the event (including any flight and accommodation costs) will be paid for by the Promoter, at the discretion of the Promoter.
People’s Choice Grant Round
- At the end of the four (4) rounds the Promoter will invite all Round Winners to participate in the People’s Choice Grant Round.
- For Round Winners who agree to be entered in the People’s Choice Grant Ground, (“People’s Choice Entrants”), a further public vote will be held. The entrant whose Eligible Dream receives the highest number of votes on the Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World website during the voting period will be deemed the winner of the People’s Choice Grant and will receive a $10,000 grant (“People’s Choice Grant”) to be paid to the entrant’s Grantee. The People’s Choice Grant may go to any of the Grand Final Round entrants. For example, if the Grand Final Judging Panel have award a Round Winner first place in the Grand Final Round, that entrant remains eligible to receive the People’s Choice Grant.
- The same public voting criteria that applies to determining the Round Winners, will apply to the People’s Choice Grant Round.
- In the event that two (2) or more entries in the People’s Choice Grant Round receive the same number of valid votes such that the top three entries cannot be separated by votes received, then the Sunsuper Judging Panel will judge each tied entry based on the Judging Criteria, and the best entry, as determined by the Sunsuper Judging Panel, will received the People’s Choice Grant.
- The Promoter may deem any entrant disqualified if it believes that any one or more of the votes were falsified. In this event the Eligible Dream with the next highest number of votes will be selected as the People’s Choice Grant recipient.
People’s Choice Grant Round
- All prizes for this promotion will be awarded to the Grantee (i.e. registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation) whom is benefiting from the winning Eligible Dream, as nominated at the time of entry. No prizes will be awarded to the actual person (i.e. entrant) who completed the entry form into this promotion.
- An authorised nominee of a winning Grantee must provide to the Promoter their plans for using the grant prize and subject to plan approval by the Promoter, must ensure they use the grant prize money to execute and complete these plans. In the event that the Promoter does not approve of any plan/s originally provided by a Grantee, the Promoter may require the Grantee to either change the plan/s until it meets the Promoter’s satisfaction or the Promoter may alter the plans themselves and only approve the altered form of the plan/s. An authorised nominee of a winning Grantee may be required to sign any legal documentation required by the Promoter, consenting to use of the grant money in the manner approved by the Promoter, prior to award of the prize.
- This promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries/votes and entrants/voters/Grantees (including an entrant’s/voter’s identity, age and place of residence and a Grantee’s address and qualification as a community/charity group/organisation) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual, invalidate any fraudulently obtained votes or all votes for that individual’s entry, if the Promoter has reason to believe that individual has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry/voting process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion, including obtaining votes through vote swapping/buying websites and websites involving battering/offering of gifts/prizes for votes. The Promoter will determine whether an entrant/Grantee is obtaining votes fraudulently in any of the aforementioned manners (including through use of vote swapping/buying websites and battering/offering of gifts/prizes websites), if in its view there is sufficient evidence to cause doubt as to the validity of votes obtained and may take any action as it chooses, in its complete discretion, to deal with such issue, including disqualifying an entrant, invalidating an entrant’s entry, invalidating fraudulently obtained votes or invalidating all votes obtained for such entry. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any entrant/Grantee (or invalidate his/her entry, or invalidate fraudulently obtained votes or all votes submitted for such entry/Grantee) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for votes or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit votes contrary to these Terms and Conditions. Incomplete or indecipherable entries/votes will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant/Grantee, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant/Grantee.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason a winner does not take or redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings, videos and photos/images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice and their nominated Grantee’s name and image in the event they are a winning entrant (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant/Grantee; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry or voting software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter or vote repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries/votes submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant or Grantee; or (f) use and/or acceptance of a prize.
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) may, at their sole discretion, remove an entry/vote that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions. If an entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, then that entry, regardless of the number of votes it has received, will (at the discretion of the Promoter), be ineligible to receive a grant prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, a winning entrant and an authorised representative of a winning Grantee must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Sunsuper Pty. Ltd. (ABN 88 010 720 840), as the trustee and issuer of the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund (ABN 98 503 137 921), of 30 Little Cribb Street, Milton QLD 4064, phone 13 11 84.