“SUNSUPER DREAMS FOR
A BETTER WORLD” PROMOTION 2016
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Entry/Voting Opening Times
- Entries for each Round open on 29 November 2015 and close at 11.59pm AEST on the dates specified in the table below. Each Round will have a different theme, and entries submitted for a particular Round must comply with the theme for that Round. Voting for each Round open and close on the dates/times also specified in the table below.
|Round||Round Category/Theme||Entries Close||Three finalists announced||Public Voting Opens||Public Voting Closes||Round winner announced|
|Round 1||Open Round (no restrictions on theme of dream, subject to these terms)||11.59pm AEST on 31/01/16||07/02/16||12.00am AEST on 28/02/16||11.59pm AEST on 20/03/16||22/03/15|
|Round 2||Health & People||11.59pm AEST on 01/5/16||08/05/16||12.00am AEST on 29/05/16||11.59pm AEST on 19/06/16||21/06/16|
|Round 3||Sport & Education||11.59pm AEST on 31/07/16||07/08/16||12.00am AEST on 28/08/16||11.59pm AEST on 18/09/16||20/09/16|
|Round 4||Animals & Community||11.59pm AEST on 30/10/16||06/11/16||12.00am AEST on 27/11/16||11.59pm AEST on 18/12/16||20/12/16|
Entry/Voting Eligibility Requirements
- Entry and voting is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter or vote. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
To enter, eligible individuals must visit dreamsforabetterworld.com.au, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including choosing which Round they are submitting a dream for (from the drop down list), the name of their Eligible Dream (maximum of 50 characters), an explanation of their Eligible Dream, how the grant money would be used if won, confirming the eligible registered charity, community group or not-for-profit they wish to nominate (must nominate a “Grantee”, criteria for which is indicated in clause 5 below) and upload any supporting documents (e.g. images, videos or other documents) demonstrating how the Eligible Dream can make a positive impact on the community. Entries must be received before the close date/time for the relevant Round (as specified in clause 2 above) to be eligible. The maximum total file size of all supporting documents uploaded cannot exceed 10MB and no more than five (5) files may be uploaded. All files uploaded must be in any of the following acceptable file formats: PDF, DOC, JPG, PNG.
Entrants may edit their entry submission and add photos, videos and other files to their submission up until the entry close date/time for the relevant Round.
Dream Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible, the dream submitted must meet the following requirements:
- benefit a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation located in Australia, whose purposes do NOT serve one individual only (“Grantee”) and where any grant prize provided to the community/charity group/organisation would be spent in Australia for an Australian based cause, unless otherwise advised by the Promoter;
- the dream must be capable of being undertaken in the next 12 months (from date of entry submission) – and undertaken in the next 12 months from date prize is awarded, if Eligible Dream is deemed a winning dream, (“Eligible Dream”)
In addition, to the criteria above, additional criteria apply for entries submitted into each Round Category/Theme, as specified below:
- Open Category: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds benefit the community as a whole.
- Health & People: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to develop cures or advance treatment of medical issues faced by the wider community.
- Sport & Education: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to benefit sporting or education based causes.
- Animals & Community: Grantee nominated must be a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation whose funds are used to benefit animal based or general community causes.
Entrants do not have to have an affiliation or connection with a Grantee to nominate that Grantee on entry. As indicated in Clause 9 below, an entrant must be able to participate in a filming session as a condition of their nominated Grantee receiving a grant prize.
- Each Grantee/Eligible Dream may only be nominated by one (1) entrant for any given Round; and the entrant may only nominate that Grantee once for any given Round. Once an entrant nominates a Grantee/Eligible Dream, no other person may nominate that same Grantee/Eligible Dream (or a substantially similar Eligible Dream) for the remainder of this promotion. In addition, if an entrant’s nominated Grantee does not win for a certain Round, he/she can nominate a different Eligible Dream for the same Grantee for another Round. If an entrant’s nominated Grantee receive a grant prize, the entrant will not be permitted to enter this ‘Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World’ Promotion again and the Grantee who is deemed a Round Winner, is not permitted to be nominated again or win for any other Round. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements. For the sake of clarity, the same Eligible Dream may be submitted for more than one (1) Round. For example, an entrant may submit a dream twice, once for ‘Round 1’ and again for ‘Round 2’, on the condition they have not won in ‘Round 1’. However, another person may not submit that same dream (or a dream substantially similar), or another dream for the same Grantee for this entire promotion.
- Winning Grantees and entrants in any previous Sunsuper Dreams branded promotion conducted by the Promoter will not be eligible to be nominated or enter into this ‘Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World’ Promotion.
Stage 1: 3 x $5,000 Winners Per Round
The three (3) best entries as determined by the judges for each Round will each win $5,000 for their nominated Grantee, as per clause 16 below (“Round Winners”). The panel of judges nominated by the Promoter will judge entries based on the following “Judging Criteria”. No particular weight is provided to each below listed criteria, and a winning entry may not ‘score’ highly in all the below mentioned criteria, and may only ‘score’ highly in one of the criteria mentioned. The judges will interpret each of the below criteria in their own discretion and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the final decisions made by the judges.
- beneficial nature of the dream to the community;
- how well the dream represents the Round category/theme for which it was entered;
- thought-provoking, interesting, engaging and unique nature of the dream;
- whether the dream will truly make the world a better place; and
- how the grant money will be used and the positive impact it will have.
- The three (3) Round Winners for each Round will be required to participate in a filming session organised by the Promoter whereby they will be required to explain their Eligible Dream. An entrant must be able to participate in this filming session as a condition of their nominated Grantee receiving a grant prize. Filming and editing will take place during the following times for each set of Round Winners. The Promoter will have complete discretion over the editing process and the exact date(s)/time(s)/location(s) where filming will take place. The Promoter will cover all reasonable costs (as determined by the Promoter), associated with travel by Round Winners to and from a filming location.
|Round 1||07 – 28 February 2016|
|Round 2||08 – 29 May 2016|
|Round 3||07 – 28 August 2016|
|Round 4||06 – 27 November 2016|
Stage 2: Voting & Determination of Grand Final Qualifiers (1 Grand Final Qualifier per Round – 4 TOTAL)
- All three (3) videos will be uploaded onto the Sunsuper Dreams website at the start of the Voting Period for that relevant Round. To vote, an eligible voter must visit dreamsforabetterworld.com.au, select the ‘vote now’ button applicable to the video they wish to vote for to reveal a pop up window, input their email address and complete the voting process by selecting the ‘Vote now’ button, as promoted in the pop up window. Only valid votes received during the applicable Voting Periods indicated in clause 2 above will be considered in determining the Grand Final Qualifiers (defined below).
- Maximum of one (1) vote permitted per person and per valid email address for each video entry. For the sake of clarity, a person can submit more than one (1) vote for each Voting Round, however, only one (1) vote per video entry.
- The entrant whose video receives the highest number of valid votes during each Voting Period will be deemed a “Grand Final Qualifier”. There will be one (1) Grand Final Qualifier per Round, and a total of four (4) Grand Final Qualifiers for the entire promotion. Each Grand Final Qualifier’s nominated Grantee (as nominated in the original winning entry) will receive an additional $5,000.
- Tie-Break Mechanic: In the event that two (2) or more videos for a Round receive the equal highest number of valid votes, then a panel of judges nominated by the Promoter will judge each tied entry based on the Judging Criteria (specified above, see clause 8 for further information regarding interpretation and application of Judging Criteria by the judges), and the best tied video, as determined by the judges, will be deemed the Grand Final Qualifier for that particular Round.
Stage 3: Grand Final Awards
- All four (4) Grand Final Qualifier’s winning Eligible Dreams will be judged by a panel nominated by the Promoter. The panel will judge each of the four (4) Eligible Dreams and will rank each Eligible Dream from 1st to 4th place based on the Judging Criteria (specified above, see clause 8 for further information regarding interpretation and application of Judging Criteria by the judges). The applicable prize for each ranking is indicated in the table below.
- All Grand Final Qualifiers will be required to attend the Grand Final Awards Night taking place on a yet to be determined date and location, during January or February 2017. All reasonable costs associated with travel to and from the event (including any flight and accommodation costs) will be paid for by the Promoter.
Award of Prizes
- All prizes for this promotion will be awarded to the Grantee (i.e. registered charity, community group or not-for-profit organisation) whom is benefiting from the winning Eligible Dream, as nominated at the time of entry. No prizes will be awarded to the actual person (i.e. entrant) who completed the entry form into this promotion.
- An authorised nominee of a winning Grantee must provide to the Promoter their plans for using the grant prize and subject to plan approval by the Promoter, must ensure they use the grant prize money to execute and complete these plans. In the event that the Promoter does not approve of any plan/s originally provided by a Grantee, the Promoter may require the Grantee to either change the plan/s until it meets the Promoter’s satisfaction or the Promoter may alter the plans themselves and only approve the altered form of the plan/s. An authorised nominee of a winning Grantee may be required to sign any legal documentation required by the Promoter, consenting to use of the grant money in the manner approved by the Promoter, prior to award of the prize.
- This promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries/votes and entrants/voters/Grantees (including an entrant’s/voter’s identity, age and place of residence and a Grantee’s address and qualification as a community/charity group/organisation) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual, invalidate any fraudulently obtained votes or all votes for that individual’s entry, if the Promoter has reason to believe that individual has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry/voting process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion, including obtaining votes through vote swapping/buying websites and websites involving battering/offering of gifts/prizes for votes. The Promoter will determine whether an entrant/Grantee is obtaining votes fraudulently in any of the aforementioned manners (including through use of vote swapping/buying websites and battering/offering of gifts/prizes websites), if in its view there is sufficient evidence to cause doubt as to the validity of votes obtained and may take any action as it chooses, in its complete discretion, to deal with such issue, including disqualifying an entrant, invalidating an entrant’s entry, invalidating fraudulently obtained votes or invalidating all votes obtained for such entry. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any entrant/Grantee (or invalidate his/her entry, or invalidate fraudulently obtained votes or all votes submitted for such entry/Grantee) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for votes or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit votes contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries/votes will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant/Grantee, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant/Grantee.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason a winner does not take or redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings, videos and photos/images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice and their nominated Grantee’s name and image in the event they are a winning entrant (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant/Grantee; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry or voting software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter or vote repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries/votes submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant or Grantee; or (f) use and/or acceptance of a prize.
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) may, at their sole discretion, remove an entry/vote that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions. If an entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, then that entry, regardless of the number of votes it has received, will (at the discretion of the Promoter), be ineligible to receive a grant prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, a winning entrant and an authorised representative of a winning Grantee must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Sunsuper Pty. Ltd. (ABN 88 010 720 840), as the trustee and issuer of the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund (ABN 98 503 137 921), of 30 Little Cribb Street, Milton QLD 4064, phone 13 11 84.