2020 Better Business grant shortlist
Published on 30 October 2020
Thank you to every small business and social enterprise that applied for Sunsuper's Better Business grant for 2020.
The shortlisted entries are:
- #GoKindly: An ecom store supporting and empowering women impacted by homelessness, housing stress or domestic violence by providing meaningful work and training, and assistance with housing.
- Bakslap: An innovative solution to sun safety and helping to prevent millions of dollars spent on melanoma treatments each year.
- Head Start Homes: Helping families living in community housing pursue their home ownership dreams.
- MoneyGirl: Empowering young women with the financial knowledge and tools to be financially independent.
- Plate Events & Catering 'Wilka Thalta': building a better future for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians through Aboriginal culture, cookery and connection to country.
- ShareAbode: An online platform providing an integrated housing solution for single parents.
- Support Mates: a comprehensive service offering social inclusion, independent living guidance, mobility access, and immersive local and indigenous community participation/support for Australians with disabilities.
- Thread Harvest: An ethical online fashion marketplace, leveraging the secondhand market to provide work for people with disabilities or experienced homelessness or domestic violence.
- World's Biggest Garage Sale: Offering sustainable and cost-effective household products by transforming waste and diverting dormant goods from landfill, while providing employment for vulnerable youth.
- YWaste: A digital food distribution and management app for cafes, restaurants and food relief charities to reduce food waste and optimise food distribution procedures.
The three winners will be announced on 17 November 2020.
See our latest success stories
A dream to clothe 200,000 Australians in need each year
Thread Together is using Sunsuper’s $35,000 in grants to clothe Australians in need and provide an ethical response to fashion waste.