2019 Better Business grant shortlist
Published on 27 August 2019
Thank you to every small business and social enterprise that applied for Sunsuper's Better Business grant for 2019.
The shortlisted entries are:
- Games 4 Hearoes: An app to help those with hearing loss improve their wellbeing and adjust to new sounds with a hearing aid or cochlear implant.
- Gecko Tyre: A portable and affordable accessory for manual wheelchair users to access the beach and other off-road terrains.
- Good Hood: Hello Cass! - SMS chatbot providing information and support pathways for those affected by or experiencing family and sexual violence.
- Juneo: a new medical garment for sick children to wear in hospital.
- Little Star Bee Sanctuary: 100 bee hives in 100 schools project will increase populations of stingless Native Bee hives and improve education around bees in our environment.
- Neuromersiv: a revolution in neurorehabilitation therapy to empower stroke, spinal cord and traumatic brain injury survivors to regain their independence and improve their quality of life.
- ShareAbode: ShareAbode connects single parents for co-living so they can reduce their rent and expenses and gain friendship and support.
- Stymie: Empowering students to stand up for their peers.
- TradeMutt: A workwear brand by tradies for tradies to tackle mens suicide in Australia head on and change the face of mens mental health forever.
- World's Biggest Garage Sale: taking underutilised goods and turning these into saleable products, investing profit generated, back into communities.
The three finalists will be announced on 18 November 2019.